Top 5 Countries with the Highest Watermelon Production
Watermelon is a delicious and much liked tasty fruit . It is thought to have been originated in southern Africa. It is sweet in taste and it contains 6% sugar and 92% water in it by weight. It contains a Considerable amount of citrulline.
Some important particulars relating to Watermelon
- It is most consumed in China.
- First watermelon harvested occurred about 5000 years ago in Egypt.
- Over 1200 varieties are grown in 96 countries over the world.
In accordance to an estimate in 2010, following were the top five largest producers.
Top 5 Countries with the Highest Watermelon Production (2010)
Q: Which Country Produces Most Watermelons in the World?
Also See Facts about other fruits
- Top Ten biggest Strawberry Producers
- Top ten Apple Producing nations
- Top 10 Lemon Producing Countries in the World
- Top 10 Largest Producers of Peach in the World